The Defense Research and Development Organization (DRDO) and the All India Technical Education Council (aicte) have launched a regular MTech program in Defense Technology to impart knowledge, skills and theoretical skills and required experiments in various fields of defense technology.
- The Secretary of the Defense R&D Department and President of DRDO, Dr. G Satheesh Reddy, and the President of AICTE, Professor Anil D Sahasrabudhe, started the program at a virtual event organized by AICTE on July 8, 2021 Interested candidates can apply for the course on the official website – aicte-india .org
AICTE MTech Course: Eligibility Criteria
Students who have graduated from the following disciplines are eligible:
- Aerospace engineering
- Aeronautical engineering
- Communications engineering and applied electronics
- Applied electronics and instrumentation engineering
- Chemical technology
- Chemical engineering
- Computer science and engineering
- Computer engineering and communication
- Computer engineering
- Computer engineering and applications
The course will provide an overview of aerospace technology, communication system, sensors, directed energy technology, vehicle engineering and naval technology. The course is a collaboration of DRDO with AICTE. It includes six specialization tracks as well as an elective course for B. Tech.
- The main objective of the course is to motivate students to take an interest in defense and continue their research in the same field or join the defense industries.
- The course is a four semester program with 80 credits. It comprises six majors, including semester 1 which has a common curriculum.
- Further courses will vary according to the specialization from semester 2. Semesters 3 and 4 will focus on the completion of the thesis.
- This program aims to increase and improve student interaction with a seasoned and experienced workforce that is dedicated to the defense laboratories and defense industries.
- In addition, it aims to focus on both individual and team work to enable the student to function effectively as an individual and as a leader or member of various teams in various circumstances.
- Students from other related fields can also apply for the course. Course classes will be held online and offline as needed. AICTE's new MTech course in defense technology will supervise students from colleges / universities, as well as from DRDO laboratories or industries to conduct experiments.
- This MTech defense technology program can be carried out at any institute or university affiliated with AICTE, IIT, NIT or private institute of engineering.
- The Institute of Defense Scientists and Technologists (IDST) will provide support to the institutes to carry out this program, which can be carried out both online and offline.
- The program includes six fields of expertise: combat technology, aerodynamic technology, naval technology, communication systems and sensors, directed energy technology, and high-energy materials technology.
- Students will also have the opportunity to do their major thesis work in DRDO labs, defense PSUs, and industries.
- The program will be useful to students seeking opportunities in the ever-expanding defense research and manufacturing industry.
Congratulating the two organisations on this new program, Defense Minister rajnath singh said: “The program will help realize ‘AatmaNirbhar Bharat' envisioned by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.”
- In his speech, Dr. G Satheesh Reddy congratulated DRDO, AICTE and industries on the evolution of the PG program. He expressed the hope that such a specialized program will allow the creation of a large pool of talented workforce for the defense sector.
- He called on industry leaders to expand their support for this program and provide opportunities for students.
DU UG 2023 Admissions Process Expected to Begin End of May
CUET UG 2023 Participating Universities | Central University of Karnataka
AIBE XVII 2023 results published