The free covid vaccine will be provided to three billion people of frontline and healthcare workers in the first phase of vaccination, Health Minister Harsh Vardhan said on Saturday while providing an update on dry vaccination in the country conducted nationwide in 125 districts at 285 sites.
- The minister added that the details of the priority beneficiaries of 27 million million, those over 50 and the minors with comorbidities are also being finalized.
- Speaking of the reluctance to vaccinate, the minister said it was not a new phenomenon. Calling on the Co-WIN digital platform, reconverted from the e-VIN platform to be a true game changer, the minister also explained that this platform will provide real-time information on vaccine stocks , its storage temperature and individualized monitoring of COVID beneficiaries. -19 vaccine.
- He added that this platform will help program managers at all levels through automated assignment of sessions to pre-enrolled recipients, their verification, and generation of a digital certificate after successfully completing the schedule vaccination.
- The first COVID-19 vaccine developed locally in India, Covaxin, has been recommended for “restricted use in emergency situations, subject to multiple regulatory conditions” by the Central Committee of Experts on Subject Standard Medicines (SEC) Control Organization ( cdsco), here on Saturday.
- The Comptroller General of Medicines (DCGI) will take a final call to approve the deployment of the vaccine in the country. The recommendation was made after a two-day meeting in which the expert group sent Covishield, the vaccine developed by AstraZeneca and the University of Oxford, and manufactured by the Serum Institute of India in Pune. (SII) for approval by DCGI on Friday.
- The Health Ministry, in its statement, said that the SEC has made three recommendations for consideration and final decision by the Comptroller General of Medicines of India (DGCI).
- This includes granting an authorization for restricted emergency use of the vaccine, subject to multiple regulatory conditions in the Serum Institute of India, granting an authorization for restricted use in an emergency situation in the public interest as a precaution abundant, in clinical trial mode, particularly in the context of infection by mutant strains at bharat biotech and authorization to conduct phase 3 clinical trials at Cadila Healthcare.
- Meanwhile, the Indian Council for Medical Research (ICMR) said on Saturday that it had successfully isolated and cultured the British variant of Sars-CoV-2, adding that no other country had so far reported successful isolation and culturing of the variant, according to ICMR.
“Scientists at the ICMR (National Institute of Virology NIV) used Vero cell lines to grow the variant of the virus in the uk,”said the ICMR.
“UNITED KINGDOM. The virus variant, with all signature changes, is now successfully isolated and cultured from clinical samples collected from returnees in the UK,”ICMR noted in its tweet.
- India has so far reported 29 cases of the new variant of the coronavirus.