27th September 2022

Confidant Classes

Competitors' very first choice

Home | Edu NEWS | A five-point course of action to reduce the four-month confrontation between troops on the Line of Actual Control (LAC).

A five-point course of action to reduce the four-month confrontation between troops on the Line of Actual Control (LAC).

The southern shore of Pangong Tso (lake), where Indian and Chinese troops are currently clashing, witnessed gunfire in the air not only on September 7 but also a week earlier. This is the first time since 1975 that shots have been fired along the disputed Line of Actual Control (LAC).

  • The Indian military said on Tuesday that it was Chinese troops who fired a few shots in the air on September 7. On August 31, the military released a statement, claiming that China had taken provocative military action to change the status quo in the south. Pangong Tso bank and “Indian troops anticipated this PLA activity.”
  • So far, no disputes have been reported on the South Rim, and last week the Indian military dominated the ridges and hills here. The official assured that the army had not transgressed in Chinese territory and occupied ridges and heights that fall in Indian territory.
  • China has amassed troops across the Latin American and Caribbean country in eastern Ladakh since April-May. Many areas of Depsang, Gogra-Hot Springs, Galwan and the north shore of Pangong Tso in the Latin America and Caribbean region have been closed to Indian patrols since May.
  • On June 15, up to 20 Indian soldiers were killed in violent clashes with the Chinese People’s Liberation Army (PLA) in the Galwan Valley. The official said the number of Indian troops in eastern Ladakh had doubled in recent days.
  • As indicated, a massive build-up had started again in the Finger region on the North Shore since Tuesday evening, but no violent incident was reported.
  • Foreign Minister S. Jaishankar met in person his Chinese counterpart Wang Yi in Moscow, after a two-and-a-half-hour meeting that lasted overnight in Moscow, Foreign Minister S. Jaishankar and the Chinese minister Foreign Affairs Minister Wang Yi said they had agreed on a five-point course of action to reduce the four-month confrontation between troops on the Royal Line of Control (LAC).

 “The two foreign ministers agreed that the current situation in the border areas does not benefit either side. They therefore agreed that border troops on both sides should continue their dialogue, disconnect quickly, maintain the appropriate distance and ease tensions, ”

said a joint press release issued after the first face-to-face meeting. between the two ministers. since the confrontation.
  • The five-point plan includes maintaining the consensus between Prime Minister Narendra Modi and President Xi Jinping to “not allow differences to turn into conflicts,” a quick disconnect to ease tensions, respect existing border protocols between the ‘India and China. and avoid intensive action, continuous dialogue between NSA Special Representatives Ajit Doval and Mr. Wang, as well as other mechanisms, and finally, work on new confidence-building measures.
  • The five points agreed upon are a template for “principles of disengagement,” said a senior official familiar with the meeting, but big differences persist in the positions taken by the two sides.
  • It is understood that the meeting of military commanders in the coming days will more clearly mark the stages of the disconnection, which the foreign ministers will consider before deciding on the way forward.
  • India argued that the strong mobilization of troops by the PLA caused a very serious and dangerous situation within LAC, while initially during the meeting, the Chinese side has tried to deny any sense of crisis, believing that both parties must “come out” peacefully from the current stalemate.
  • Mr. Jaishankar, however, expressed India’s “deep concern” that the mobilization of troops and materiel, very close to LAC, was the immediate problem, and that a full resolution required the return of troops. to their “permanent posts”, other differences persisted.
  • A document published by the Chinese Foreign Ministry said that “the Indian side does not consider relations to depend on solving the border problem.”
  • This contrasts sharply with what Jaishankar said at the meeting and reiterated publicly, saying that the state of bilateral relations cannot be dissociated from the situation within LAC. Jaishankar also did not say, as the Chinese memorandum states, that “the Indian side believes that China’s policy towards India has not changed.”
  • In fact, according to sources, India believes that China has yet to “provide a credible explanation for this deployment” and its “provocative behavior”.
  • While border commanders have been in contact about withdrawal procedures since June and have made little progress so far, the government believes that they now have concrete proposals and commitments from the minister.
  • China’s Foreign Minister, who is also a State Councilor, now joins the Chinese side, unlike what happened in recent months. Neither side specifically mentioned a return to “status quo ante” or positions in April, but sources said India had spoken of ensuring that troops were deployed to “permanent positions.”
  • Separated between 25 and 30 km, and not directly to LAC as they are now. “The immediate task is to ensure a complete withdrawal of troops in all areas of friction. This is necessary to avoid any adverse incidents in the future. The final disposition of the deployment of troops in their permanent posts and the stage of the process must be elaborated by the military commanders, ”said government sources.
  • The statement issued by the Chinese Foreign Ministry on Friday quoted Wang as saying the relationship was “at a crossroads.” “But as long as the two parties continue to move the relationship in the right direction, there will be no difficulties or challenges that cannot be overcome,” he said.
  • His quoted comments contrasted with recent statements from China, especially after the September 4 meeting between defense ministers in Moscow. He did not blame India for the recent crisis, which has been a point emphasized by various Chinese statements from the Foreign Ministry and the PLA in recent weeks.
  • The statement said that Wang described “China’s tough stance” on the situation in the border areas, “and stressed that the imperative is to immediately cease provocations such as shooting and other dangerous actions that violate commitments made by both parties.”
  • He said it was “normal for China and India to have differences as two great neighbors” and added that “the important thing is to put these differences in a proper context towards bilateral relations.” “As two large developing countries that are emerging rapidly, what China and India need now is cooperation, not confrontation; and mutual trust, he does not suspect.
  • The meeting between foreign ministers in Moscow was facilitated and encouraged by Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov, who greeted them at the SCO meeting. Later, a luncheon between Russia, India and China set the stage for the bilateral talks on Thursday.
  • It is expected to be followed by talks with special representatives and a new meeting of the Working Mechanism on consultations and coordination of border issues between India and China. In November, Modi and Xi are expected to attend the G20 summit in Saudi Arabia, which will be the first time that the two leaders, who have not yet spoken to each other during the confrontation, can meet.
AILET 2023 Application Process Begins

AILET 2023 Application Process Begins

National Law University-Delhi NLU-Delhi will hold the AILET 2023 exam on December 11, 11:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. m. to…
Read More
All India Bar Examination 17 Syllabus and other details

All India Bar Examination 17 Syllabus and other details

AIBE 17 exam: Nearly one lakh candidates will take the AIBE exam this year, which will be held at 150…
Read More
AIBE 17 will take place in 3 months: BCI informs the Supreme Court

AIBE 17 will take place in 3 months: BCI informs the Supreme Court

Bar Council of India informed the Supreme Court that the syllabus for the upcoming All India Bar Examination 17 (AIBE17)…
Read More
Registration for CLAT 2023 will begin on August 8

Registration for CLAT 2023 will begin on August 8

CLAT 2023 will be held offline on December 18. Applicants can complete the online application form at consortiumofnlus.ac.in. CLAT 2023:…
Read More
AP LAWCET 2022 Results Declared

AP LAWCET 2022 Results Declared

Confidant-Classes-Judiciary AP LAWCET 2022 Results: Candidates who sat for the AP Common Entrance Test (AP LAWCET 2022) will now be…
Read More
Law graduates not practising since more than 5 years, must retake AIBE: BCI tells the Supreme Court

Law graduates not practising since more than 5 years, must retake AIBE: BCI tells the Supreme Court

The BCI has ruled that if a lawyer accepts a job not related to legal or judicial matters, then that…
Read More
Careers after Law

Careers after Law

Law has become the most common option in India at the moment. It has evolved and grown tremendously over time….
Read More
DU LLB Entrance Exam 2022 decoded

DU LLB Entrance Exam 2022 decoded

The University of Delhi will conduct the entrance exam of DU LLB 2O22 tentatively in next month. The university had…
Read More
UG-CLAT 2023 Exam Pattern

UG-CLAT 2023 Exam Pattern

The UG-CLAT 2023 would focus on the assessment of the candidates’ comprehension and reasoning abilities and skills. In general, it…
Read More
70-Year-Old Fortunate to Complete LLM | University of Delhi Centenary Chance Initiative

70-Year-Old Fortunate to Complete LLM | University of Delhi Centenary Chance Initiative

Under the University of Delhi’s Centenary Chance initiative, a 70-year-old man is given the chance to complete his LLM after…
Read More

About Post Author

error

Enjoy this? Please spread the word :)