Crimes against women increased 7.3% from 2018 to 2019, and crimes against registered castes also increased 7.3% during the same period, according to the annual report “Crime in India” 2019 by the National Office of Register of Crimes, published Tuesday.
- In terms of absolute numbers, Uttar Pradesh reported the highest number of cases in both categories. But Assam reported the highest rate of crimes against women (per lakh of population), while Rajasthan had the highest rate of crimes against included castes.
- “In 2019, a total of 4.05,861 cases of crimes against women were registered, an increase of 7.3% compared to 2018 (3.78,236 cases).
- Most of the cases of crimes against women under the IPC were registered as “cruelty of the husband or relatives ” (30.9%), followed by “attacks against women with the ‘intention of insulting their modesty' (21, 8%), ‘kidnapping and kidnapping of women' (17.9%) and ‘rape' (7.9%).
- The crime rate registered per lakh of the female population is 62.4 in 2019 compared to 58.8 in 2018, ” the ncrb report indicates.
- UP reported the highest number of crimes against women (59,853), representing 14.7 percent of these cases nationwide.
- It was followed by Rajasthan (41,550 cases; 10.2%) and Maharashtra (37,144 cases; 9.2%).
- Assam reported the highest crime rate against women at 177.8 (per lakh of population), followed by Rajasthan (110.4) and Haryana (108.5).
- Rajasthan reported the highest number of rapes with 5,997 cases, followed by UP (3,065) and Madhya Pradesh (2,485).
- In terms of rape rate, Rajasthan was the highest at 15.9 (per lakh of population), followed by Kerala (11.1) and Haryana (10.9).
- The UP also recorded the highest number of crimes against girls under POCSO with 7,444 cases, followed by Maharashtra (6,402) and MP (6,053).
- The highest rate of these crimes was recorded in Sikkim (27.1 per lakh of population), MP (15.1) and Haryana (14.6).
- UP had the highest number of dowry cases (2,410), at a rate of 2.2 (per lakh of population), followed by Bihar (1,120).
- According to the report, 150 acid attacks were reported in 2019, including 42 in the UP and 36 in West Bengal.
- The report, which consists of three volumes and has more than 1,500 pages, indicates that a total of 45,935 cases have been registered as crimes against cataloged castes (CS) “, showing an increase of 7.3% compared to 2018. (42,793 ) “.
- “The registered crime rate increased from 21.2 (per lakh of population) in 2018 to 22.8 in 2019.
- The main crime cases revealed that simple damage with 28.9% (13,273 cases) constituted the Most of cases of crimes / atrocities against castes were included in 2019.
- It was followed by cases under the SC / ST (Atrocity Prevention) law with 9.0% (4,129 cases) and rape with 7.6% (3,486 cases) ”, says the report .
- The UP reported most of the cases against the castes listed: 11,829 cases, which represents 25.8% of the cases nationwide.
- It was followed by Rajasthan (6,794 cases; 14.8%) and Bihar (6,544; 14.2%).
- However, the rate of such cases was highest in Rajasthan with 55.6 (per lakh of population), followed by MP (46.7) and Bihar (39.5).
- Rajasthan also recorded the highest number of rapes against Dalit women (554), followed by UP (537) and MP (510). The rape rate against Dalit women was highest in Kerala at 4.6 (per lakh of population), followed by MP (4.5) and Rajasthan (4.5).
DU UG 2023 Admissions Process Expected to Begin End of May
CUET UG 2023 Participating Universities | Central University of Karnataka
AIBE XVII 2023 results published