The UG-clat 2023 would focus on the assessment of the candidates' comprehension and reasoning abilities and skills. In general, it is designed to be a test of aptitude and skills necessary for legal training rather than prerequisite knowledge, although prerequisite knowledge can sometimes be useful in answering questions in the Current Affairs section.
ug-clat 2023 exam pattern: ug-clat 2023 will be a 2 hour test, with 150 multiple choice questions worth 1 point each. There will be a negative score of 0.25 points for each incorrect answer. These questions would be divided into the following 5 topics:
- English Language
- Current Affairs, including General Knowledge
- Legal Reasoning
- Logical Reasoning
- Quantitative Techniques
UG-CLAT 2023 Exam Pattern: In this section of UG-CLAT 2023 you will be provided with passages of approximately 450 words each. These passages will be derived from contemporary or historically significant fiction and nonfiction writing, and would be at a level that a standard 12th grader could read in approximately 5-7 minutes. Each passage will be followed by a series of questions asking you to demonstrate your understanding and language skills, including your ability to:
- Read and understand the main point discussed in the passage, as well as all arguments and points of view discussed or stated in the passage;
- Draw inferences and conclusions based on the passage;
- Summarize the passage;
- Compare and contrast the different arguments or points of view presented in the passage; and
- Understand the meaning of the different words and phrases used in the passage.
Current affairs, including general knowledge
UG-CLAT 2023 Exam Pattern: In this section, you will receive passages of up to 450 words each. Passages will be derived from short stories, journalistic sources, and other nonfiction writings. Questions may include a review of legal information or knowledge discussed in or related to the passage, but will not require any additional knowledge of law beyond the passage.
Each passage will be followed by a series of questions that will ask you to demonstrate your knowledge of various aspects of the news and your general knowledge, including:
- Significant contemporary events from India and the world;
- Art and culture;
- International matters; and
- Historical events of continuing importance.
UG-CLAT 2023 Exam Pattern: In this section, you will have to read passages of approximately 450 words each. Passages may relate to factual situations or scenarios involving legal issues, public policy issues, or moral philosophical investigations. You will not need any prior knowledge of law. You will benefit from a general knowledge of contemporary legal and moral issues to better apply general principles or propositions to given factual scenarios. Each passage would be followed by a series of questions asking you to:
- Identify and deduce the rules and principles established in the passage;
- Apply these rules and principles to various factual situations; and
- Understand how changes in rules or principles can alter their application to various factual situations.
UG-CLAT 2023 Exam Pattern: The Logical Reasoning section of the UG-CLAT 2023 will consist of a series of short passages of approximately 300 words each. Each passage will be followed by one or more questions that will ask you to:
- Recognize an argument, its premises and conclusions;
- Read and identify the arguments established in the passage;
- Critically analyze patterns of reasoning and assess how conclusions may depend on particular premises or evidence;
- Deduce what follows from the passage and apply these deductions to new situations;
- Establish relationships and analogies, identify contradictions and equivalences and evaluate the effectiveness of arguments.
UG-CLAT 2023 Exam Pattern: The Quantitative Techniques section of UG-CLAT 2023 will include brief sets of facts or propositions, graphs, or other textual, pictorial, or schematic representations of numerical information, followed by a series of questions. You will be required to obtain information from these passages, graphs or other representations, and to apply mathematical operations to this information. The questions will require that:
- Derive, infer and manipulate the numerical information presented in such passages, graphics or other representations;
- Apply a variety of standard Grade 10 math operations on this information, including areas such as ratios and proportions, basic algebra, statistical measurement, and estimation.
UG Question Paper Format
- Maximum Marks: 150
- Duration of CLAT 2022 Exam: 120 Minutes
- Multiple-Choice Questions: 150 questions of one mark each
- Negative Marking: 0.25 Mark for each wrong answer
|Subject Areas with weightage:||(approximate number of questions)|
|English Language||28-32 questions, or roughly 20% of the paper|
|Current Affairs, including General Knowledge||35-39 questions, or roughly 25% of the paper|
|Legal Reasoning||35-39 questions, or roughly 25% of the paper|
|Logical Reasoning||28-32 questions, or roughly 20% of the paper|
|Quantitative Techniques||13-17 questions, or roughly 10% of the paper|
- CLAT 2022 concluded | Exam Analysis and Answer Key
- How to prepare for CLAT 2022
- CNLU to conduct CLAT twice a year
CUET UG 2023 Participating Universities | Central University of Haryana
CUET UG 2023 Participating Universities: BHU
CUET UG 2023 Participating Universities | Jamia Hamdard University