The Bachelor of Business Administration or BBA is one of the most popular and sought after degree programs that students take after class 12. The BBA course is the gateway to a multitude of career opportunities in many sectors such as marketing, education, finance, sales, and government, to name a few.
- BBA is a three-year professional undergraduate course in business management. It is open to students from three fields: Sciences, Arts and Commerce.
- The BBA course provides knowledge and training in management and leadership to prepare them for management and entrepreneurial roles.
- There are around 4,600 BBA colleges in India. Students who wish to land in the field of management can take the BBA course after completing class 12.
- This course will help students learn various aspects of administration and business management through classroom lectures and lectures. practical projects such as internships.
- The course will familiarize students with various aspects of business administration, market, marketing trends, etc.
- The BBA program is available to full-time students, by correspondence or online.
BBA admission exams and eligibility criteria
- Applicants who have completed their Class 12 in any branch of a recognized college or university can apply in BBA.
- Candidates must have reached a minimum of 50% in total or more in class 12.
- In the event that a candidate has taken the class 12 examination and is awaiting the result, he may also register for the course.
BBA Entrance Exams in India
Usually, admission to BBA is awarded on the basis of an entrance test conducted by the institute / university offering the course. In addition, few institutes organize series of group discussions and personal interviews after the entrance exam. Final admission is awarded to candidates on the basis of the marks obtained in the qualifying examination, the entrance test and the GD-PI.
Some of the more popular BBA entrance exams are listed below:
|Symbiosis Entrance Test (SET)||Delhi University Joint Aptitude Test (DU JAT)|
|AUMAT||IPM Aptitude Test|
Top BBA Specialisations
Some of the most popular BBA specializations are listed below:
|BBA Finance||BBA in Banking and Insurance||BBA Information Technology|
|BBA Human Resource||BBA Marketing||BBA Communication and Media Management|
|BBA Foreign Trade||BBA Hospitality and Hotel Management||BBA Hospital and Healthcare Management|
BBA curriculum and subjects
The BBA program is divided into six semesters. The BBA curriculum generally includes subjects such as business organization, business communication, accounting fundamentals, business mathematics, management concepts and practices, organizational behavior, management economics, management accounting, business environment, business statistics, marketing management , etc. the list of some subjects and subjects of the BBA program:
|Principles of Management||Business Mathematics & Statics||Introduction to Operations Research|
|Business Economics||Financial & Management Accounting||Production & Material Management|
|Personnel Management & Industry Relations||Marketing Management||Business Data Processing|
|Business Laws||Introduction to Psychology||Business Analytics|
|Introduction to Sociology||Micro Economics||Organisational Behaviour|
|Essentials of Marketing||Corporate Strategic Management||Human Resource Management|
|MIS / Systems Design||Understanding Industry and Markets||Leadership and Ethics|
|Strategy||Entrepreneurship||International Business Management|
|Sales & Distribution Management||Commercial Bank Management||Security Analysis|
|Manufacture Planning and Control||Digital Marketing||Retail Management|
|E-Commerce||Quantitative Methods||Computer Applications|
|Family Business Management||Export/ Import Management||PR Management|
|Project Management||Financial & Commodity Derivatives||Financial Modelling using spreadsheets|
|Industrial Relations and Labour Legislation||Consumer Behaviour|
Skills required to pursue a BBA
The areas of management require that students have particular skills to manage different types of work. See the table below for some of the skills required for the BBA below:
|Team Player||Professional Communication Skills and Behavioral Grooming||Writing Skills|
|Etiquette||Conversational Skills||Consulting and Problem Solving Skills|
|Leadership Skills||Self-motivated||Critical and Analytical Thinking|
|Detail-oriented||Strong work ethic||Multi-tasking|
BBA Reach and Top Recruiters
At the end of the BBA, applicants generally opt for the MBA. However, applicants can also choose to explore employment opportunities in various fields such as banking, urban infrastructure and property management, business consulting, advertising, manufacturing, and in government sectors to do so. Some of the main job profiles that can be chosen after obtaining the BBA are the following:
- HR manager: The responsibility of a HR manager (HR manager) is to ensure HR strategies, methodology, and programs are managed and the organization’s goals are in line. Additionally, planning, advising on HR strategies, and monitoring HR activities, such as enrollment and compensation, are the primary responsibilities of a HR executive.
- Marketing Manager: A Marketing Manager makes official statements and is responsible for promoting the organization’s products, conducting and analyzing competitive research, and setting goals, expectations, and results for the organization’s marketing programs.
- Marketing Director: A Marketing Director collaborates with Product Managers and aims to execute new / changed programs for the establishment of improved strategies. Developing market research and analyzing its findings, making the most of marketing programs and campaigns for the organization’s products and services are responsibilities of a marketing manager.
- Sales manager: The sales manager is responsible for designing and implementing strategies to increase the sales revenue of the business and expand the commercial base in the market.
- Research and Development (R&D) Executive: An R&D manager directs and manages an organization’s research and development programs in order to meet the organization’s needs. Measuring the scope of research projects and ensuring they are delivered on time within budget is the role of an R&D manager.
Some other courses similar to BBA.
There are a number of programs that are designed along similar lines to BBA, but have a different nomenclature. Some of these program names are Bachelor of Management Studies (BMS), Bachelor of Financial Investment and Analysis (BFIA), Bachelor of Business Economics (BBE), etc.
- The Integrated Management Program or IMP is another nomenclature for BBA, in which the program lasts for five years and integrates BBA and MBA.
- The duration of the BBA course is three years and that of the MBA is two years, so the total duration is five years.
Industry exposure while pursuing BBA?
The BBA program is designed in such a way that students receive sufficient exposure and training in the industry. Regular field visits and invited lectures as well as short internships add value to the student application and also provide a solid foundation that improves the chances of being hired by companies or selected for MBA / PGDM.
Three-year regular BBA or five-year integrated management program, which one to choose?
The choice of the program is up to the student. Factors on which to choose include plans, budget, institute, etc. If an applicant is determined to pursue an MBA after completing the BBA, it makes sense to opt for an integrated program.
- On the other hand, the costs of integrated programs are much higher than those of regular BBA programs as they are the culmination of two programs. Some students may decide to accumulate a few years of professional experience before embarking on the MBA train.
- Also, while searching for the BBA, some students may find that they want to take a completely different course and do not want to continue in the field of business administration.
- Therefore, students or applicants must carefully weigh all aspects before deciding to invest five years in a program.
Options after completing BBA?
- One of the most popular paths taken after completing the BBA is to pursue an MBA / PGDM. Another option is to start your career in a managerial or executive position and gain work experience.
- Students can also explore a plethora of other short-term or professional courses that would give their career a boost.
- Although there is no hard and fast rule on getting an MBA after a BBA, but given the fierce competitive world we live in today, those with a higher degree, which encompasses a wider range of knowledge, are expected to be exposed and have a better chance of achieving their goals.
- However, if during the BBA program one wishes to explore a completely different career path, which does not necessarily require an MBA, then it certainly can.
- Moreover, it is not enough to have a BBA + MBA. If one is not passionate or determined enough and not ready to work hard, no title can guarantee success.
Placement process after the end of the course.
Most colleges that offer BBA programs have a placement process for seniors. A large number of companies across multiple industry sectors hire students for a variety of roles, such as sales and marketing, finance, human resources, operations, and logistics, to name a few.
Some online BBA courses powered by upgrad
In present scenario, Coronavirus simply paralyzed physical forms of educational activity. Online mode of education became more popular in this trouble time, up-grad brings some of the best and safest online BBA courses to aspirants.
upGrad is an online higher education platform providing rigorous industry-relevant ,programs designed and delivered in collaboration with world-class faculty and industry ,merging the latest technology, pedagogy, and services, upGrad is creating an immersive learning experience – anytime and anywhere. Our learners are students from various colleges and also seasoned working professionals from reputed companies of the country, who are skilled and readily hired by the Industry. We have trained more than 3 lakh+, aspirants in the last 5 years.