BCA, Bachelor of Computer Application, is a 3-year UG course that imparts knowledge on the basics of computer applications and software development. Admission to BCA 2021 is granted through admission processes and merit-based entrance exams. The BCA eligibility criteria followed at all top BCA colleges are 50% in 10 + 2 or an equivalent exam with IT / IT applications as an additional or core subject. The BCA course is also offered as BCA Online and BCA Distance Education for those who wish to take BCA alongside their full-time job or on schedule.
BCA course details
The BCA program includes subjects based on programming and networking. Some of the common topics that students will encounter during BCA courses are hardware lab, operating systems, data structures, computer networks, OOAD using UML, client-server computing, etc. The best courses after BCA are MCA course, MBA information management etc. Students who are determined to pursue MCA after BCA can directly opt for integrated BCA-MCA course, which is only offered by some institutes in India. After the BCA, students can get a job as a software developer, systems analyst, IT technical support developer, etc. in large technology companies with an average salary of INR 2.5 LPA to INR 6 LPA.
What is BCA?
BCA program taught in top BCA universities in India includes operating systems, introduction to C programming, Java programming, etc. The BCA course is a 3-year full-time undergraduate course that studies the implementation of computer applications in software.
Benefits of the BCA course
- Unlike BTech courses, it focuses on the study of computer science for three years, which will help to acquire skills and knowledge for a career in computer-related fields.
- The BCA course offers multiple career opportunities in the IT field.
- The public and private sectors are known to recruit graduates from BCA courses.
- BCA is primarily a software-oriented course, with little to no hardware stress. Therefore, it does not require any physical effort and allows you to have a stress-free work environment.
BCA Eligibility Criteria
- The student must have a total of 50% or more in class 12 in any subject (arts, science, commerce) with English and mathematics as required subjects.
- Some universities grant admission to students who have completed class 12 without math and English as required subjects.
- The minimum age considered to join the BCA course is 18 years old, but it is not compulsory in all universities. There is no upper age limit for admission to the BCA.
Distance learning BCA
• In addition to taking regular BCA courses, distance learning BCA in India is also popular. The program requires a minimum of 3 to a maximum of 6 years to complete when completed remotely or by correspondence. A qualifying level 10 + 2 diploma is required to take this course.
Why the BCA course?
There are many reasons to study BCA. There is a great need for qualified professionals to assist and solve the various problems in the world of technology and IT in India. Most students prefer to study this course for the following benefits:
- Opens up a range of job opportunities in various fields, especially in the IT sector.
- BCA is almost equivalent to the BTech course. The main advantage of going for the BCA is that it is a 3 year program while BTech is a 4 year course.
- A handful of colleges offer majors in BCA, as well as in data science, data analytics, and computer science.
- There is an opportunity for students to pursue higher education such as MCA, to add an extra edge and update their skills and experience, leading to professional development.
- Students master well-used programming languages like JAVA, C ++, Python, CSS, Linux, etc., and also improve their technical skills.
- A candidate with a BCA is in high demand as the workforce continues to be replaced by systems and the need for good experts and skilled professionals is there to run and operate.
- In terms of salary, BCA graduates can earn 2.4-5 INR LPA at start-up and after gaining industry experience and mastering advanced technical skills, the salary increase can be around 30- 40% and you can earn around 3.5-8 INR LPA after 2-4 years of experience.
Admission BCA 2021
- Admission to BCA 2021 is based on entrance exams taken at the national and state level. Enrollment for BCA 2021 admissions generally begins around March 2021, but some colleges begin enrollment earlier.
- A minimum total of 50% of their 10 + 2 marks, after which a valid cutoff score on the BCA entrance exams will make them eligible for admission to the best universities. BCA.
- The BCA entrance exams you may need to take are IPU-CET, SET, and others.
Preparation tips for BCA Entrance Exams
You can apply to BCA universities that offer admission to this course, both online and offline. Please follow the steps mentioned below that you need to follow when applying for the BCA course:
- Visit the Institute’s official website or the Institute’s admissions office to obtain BCA’s application forms for admission.
- Complete the application form as directed and upload the required documents in the prescribed dimensions.
- After applications are processed, final selection is made after rounds GD and PI (if applicable).
- Students are required to sit for the entrance exam and, after qualifying for the exam, are invited to the counseling or personal interview process.
- The BCA entrance exams basically cover 5 sections:
- Quantitative capacity
- General awareness
- Computer skills
- General English Intelligence and general reasoning
- Review your entrance exam schedule carefully and follow the schedule to complete the full program on time. Other than that, you must have some knowledge or knowledge about the details of the BCA course, so that these questions are not completely new to you.
- Practice the BCA entrance exam questions from the previous year to control the exam pattern.
- Identify your weaknesses and put more emphasis on them by practicing and reviewing them regularly.
- Take review notes. Helps review important topics before test day.
- Make your knowledge of NCERT your strength, as math and computer science questions generally come from concepts taught at the 10 + 2 grade level.
- For a general awareness, keep up to date with the latest news and current affairs.
BCA Course Syllabus
|I||Fundamentals of IT & Computers|
C Language Lab
|II||Operating Systems and Fundamentals|
C Language Advanced Concepts
Advanced C Programming Lab
|III||Database Management Systems|
Open Source Technology
DBMS and Web Technology Lab
Introduction to Linux
|V||Software Engineering – II|
e-Commerce and Marketing
Advanced Java and Python Lab
BCA Data Science
BCA Data Science is an undergraduate degree program in the field of data science and technology. Apart from the common BCA subjects, it also includes specialized subjects such as Big Data Analytics, Python Programming, Machine Learning, Data Modelling and Visualization, Data Mining, etc.
BCA Data Analytics
BCA Data Analytics is an advanced undergraduate course, which can be pursued after Class 12. The major BCA Data Analytics subjects are Big Data Analytics, Data Manipulation, Machine Learning, Data Science, etc.
BCA Course Comparison
To give you a better picture on why you should consider pursuing BCA, we have compared two most popular sister courses Btech Computer Science and BSc Computer Science, based on various parameters that will help you figure out the most suitable course as per your requirements and eligibility.
BCA vs. BTech
- BTech is a 4-year undergraduate course included in AICTE and NAB. BCA and BTech Computer Science, both courses are very competitive and in high demand.
- On one side where the BCA course makes you comfortable with the application world, on the other side BTech makes you more proficient in both software and hardware.
- The career options after these two courses are almost the same, but it has been observed that a BTech graduate has more preference in top companies over graduates who have an MCA degree. If you are eligible for both courses, that is, if you have taken science classes with math in class 12, you must opt for the BTech course.
- In fact, many companies and industry professionals prefer engineering graduates because they are strong in math and algorithms, which helps them in analysis and decision making. But if you get into a good university that has a BCA course, then you should as it could help you land a better job offer than an average BTech university.
- Other than that, BCA students should opt for MCA to get better salary and better salary package. But in the case of BTech at CS, the title is enough to help them land higher paying jobs.
- It can be said that BTech is almost equivalent to MCA by industry standards. But it totally depends on individual to individual, deepening their skills, knowledge and experience.
BCA vs BSc (Computer science)
BSc (Computer science) course imparts the basic aspects of computers, software, and application from the perspective of science.
BCA Jobs and Internships
- Professional roles after the BCA course are varied and students can find professional stability within 2 to 5 years of being employed.
- The computer research industry is booming in India and the need for qualified professionals will double by 2025 according to statistics.
BCA Job Description Average Salary
- Software Developer: The main job of the software developer is to research, design, implement and manage software programs and keep the program running smoothly. 5 INR LPA
- Systems Analyst: The systems analyst is primarily responsible for analyzing and designing possible techniques for solving business inquiries using IT. INR 6 LPA
- Web designer: Web designers generally design and define the website layout. 3 INR LPA
- Technical Associate: The main role of the technical associate is to help the administrative staff or the company to solve the day-to-day technical problems. 2.15 INR LPA
- Customer Service Technician: The main function of the Customer Service Technician is to identify solutions to problems with the computer system, such as troubleshooting, etc. 2.5 INR LPA
- IT Support Developer: Your role is to diagnose hardware problems and help customers download applications and programs. INR 3.15 LPA
Better courses after BCA
Today is a good time to study BCA and become an expert in the technical field of programming, networks, architecture, etc. In addition to planning, students can also enter non-IT planning files such as testing, quality assurance, technical support, etc. In terms of higher education, you can also opt for postgraduate courses after successfully completing your BCA course, like BCA and MBA. Some of the best courses after BCA are mentioned below:
- Master of Computer Applications: Master of Computer Applications, abbreviated MCA, is an advanced 3-year course which aims to impart in-depth knowledge in the field of computing and its applications.
- MBA in Information Management: This course is a management course that BCA students can opt for if they wish to study the fundamentals of information management. Common Career Options After Completing MBA Information MCA Management | MCMs are Account Manager, IT Manager, Business Development, etc.
- Master of Computer Administration: Master of Computer Administration or simply MCM is a specialized degree that deals with various aspects of computer administration. Provides the knowledge and skills appropriate to plan, design and implement complex application software systems.