The Joint Entrance Examination Advanced (JEE), the entrance test for admission to Indian Institutes of Technology (IIT), was passed by 41,862 applicants this year, which is 29.54% of the total of candidates who have passed the test. The results of the JEE seat allocation and counselling will be organized by the Joint Seating Allocation Authority (JoSAA). The counseling is conducted as a centralized online admission process for admission to 23 IIT, 31 NIT, IIEST Shibpur, 26 IIIT and 29 other government funded technical institutes (other GFTIs).
- A total of 41,862 candidates qualified for the JEE-Advanced this year, of which 6,452 are girl candidates. Mridual Agarwal is AIR 1 with a score of 348 out of 360 points on the Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) Advanced. Kavya Chopra from Delhi region is the best female with 286 points out of 360. She has obtained AIR 98.
- Applicants will need their JEE Advanced 2021 list number, date of birth and phone number to verify their registration. scorecard. The result will be available as a scoreboard and the entire India ranking will also be mentioned. Based on the answer key, the students’ answers and the marking scale, the JEE Advanced result will be prepared. It will mention the marks and rank of the candidates.
- Mridul Agarwal from the IIT Delhi region was this time the all India topper. Kavya Chopra (98th place) was the first woman in all of India. Agarwal scored 348 of 360, while Chopra scored 286. Dhananjay Raman and Anant Lunia from Delhi took second and third places in the exam.
- This year, 1,41699 candidates took the entrance exam, which was held on 3 October. Last year, 43,204 (28.64%) of the 150,838 applicants qualified. Of these, 16,061 were offered seats.
- A review of the figures for 2019 and 2018 shows that the proportion of qualified applicants was 23.99% and 20.62%, respectively. This year, the IIT Delhi and IIT Bombay zones have 28 qualified candidates, each in the top 100. The IIT Hyderabad zone has 27, the IIT Roorkee zone 13, the IIT Kanpur zone 3 and the IIT Kharagpur zone 1. The IIT zone Guwahati does not have one.
- While the maximum aggregate was 396 in the case of JEE-advanced 2020, this year it was 360. The scores in the exam, organized by IIT Kharagpur, were the same as last year with 5 % in each subject and in aggregate 17.5%.
- Applicants must meet both subject and aggregate qualification levels to be included in the ranking list. The chairman of the exam organization, Debashish Chakraborty of IIT Kharagpur, said that among the qualified candidates, 6,452 are women. Up to 32,285 women took the exam.
- The figures show that 32.36% of male applicants and 19.98% of women who took the exam qualified, up from 30.93% and 20.42% in 2020. A transgender candidate scored as well. as 375 applicants with disabilities, 169 (foreign nationals of India / people of Indian descent) and seven foreigners.
- Seats for qualified candidates will be offered based on advice from the Joint Seat Assignment Authority (JoSAA) from Saturday.
JEE Advanced Cutoff
Candidates can refer to the JEE Advanced 2021 cut off from the table below.
|Category||Min. marks in each subject||Min. aggregate marks|
JEE Advanced 2021 Zone wise toppers
IIT Delhi Zone – Mridul Agarwal, AIR 1
IIT Bombay. – Soni Naman Nirmal, AIR 6
IIT Guwahati – Asmit Singh, AIR 120
IIT Kanpur – Yash Virani, AIR 37
IIT Kharagpur – Akshat Goyal, AIR 44
IIT Hyderabad – Ramaswamy Santhosh Reddy, AIR 4
IIT Roorkee – Chaitanya Aggarwal, AIR 8
JEE Advanced Counselling
Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA) will conduct the counselling for admission into IITs, NITs, IIITs, IIEST and GFTIs on the basis of JEE Advanced and JEE Main ranks. Counselling will commence from October 16 at 10 am in online mode. Registration and choice filling will be open from October 16. Choice filling ends on October 21, 2021.
Other institutes that consider JEE Advanced ranks for admissions are:
- Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore (IISc)
- Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research (IISERs)
- Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology (IIST), Thiruvananthapuram
- Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum Technology (RGIPT), Rae Bareli
- Indian Institute of Petroleum & Energy, Vishakhapatnam.
Admissions to the above mentioned institutes are not through JoSSA. Candidates need to apply to the respective institutes for the same on the basis of their JEE Advanced ranks.
JEE Advanced Cutoff for Top IITs
Candidates can refer to the JEE Advanced 2020 round 6 cutoff for reference from the table below.
|Institute Name||Course Name||Cutoff (Closing Rank- Gen Category)|