Admission will be made by the National Testing Agency (NTA) through the Common National Entrance Test (NCET).
The Ministry of Education (MoE) on Wednesday notified the holistic double specialization diploma offered by BA-BEd, BSc-BEd and BCom-BEd, which is one of the main mandates of the National Education Policy (NEP ) 2020 related to teacher training. It will initially be offered in pilot mode in some fifty selected multidisciplinary establishments across the country.
- The Integrated Teacher Training Program (ITEP) will be available to all students who choose to teach as a profession after high school by choice. The start of the four-year ITEP will be from the 2022-23 academic session.
- National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE) has designed the curriculum for this course to enable a student teacher to earn a degree in education as well as a specialized discipline such as history, mathematics, sciences, arts, economy or commerce.
- Admission will be made by the National Testing Agency (NTA) through the National Common Entrance Test (NCET).
- This course will be offered by multidisciplinary institutions and will become the minimum qualification for school teachers.
- ITEP will teach cutting-edge pedagogy and establish a foundation in Early Childhood Care and Education (ECCE), Literacy and Numeracy (FLN), Inclusive Education and an understanding of India and its values / ethics / art / traditions, among others.