1. 28% of 450 +45% of 280 = ?
2. 2 is what percent of 50 ?
3. 1/2 is what percent of 1/3 ?
4. What percent of 7 is 84 ?
5. What percent of 6.5 litres is 130 ml ?
6. What percent of 2 metric tonnes is 40 quintals?
1 Metric tonne = 10 quintals
7. The ratio 5:4 expressed as a percent equals
8. 3.5 can be expressed in terms of percentage as
9. Half of 1 percent written as a decimal is
10. What is 15% of Rs. 34 ?
11. 88% of 370 + 24% of 210 - ? = 118
12. 270 candidates appeared in the examination, of which 252 passes. The pass percentage is
13. 5 out of 2250 parts of earth is sulphar, what is the percentage of sulphar in earth?
14. What percent of 7.2 kg is 18 gms?
15. 0.01 is what percent of 0.1?
16. What percent of Rs. 2650 is Rs. 1987.50 ?
17. What percent of a day is 3 hours ?
costs Re 1 to photocopy a sheet of paper. However, 2% discount is allowed on all photocopies done after first 1000 sheets. How much will it cost to copy 5000 sheets of paper ?
19. A housewife saved Rs. 2.50 in buying an item on sale. If she spent Rs. 25 for the item, approximately how much percent she saved in the transaction ?
20. How many litres of pure acid are there in 8 litres of a 20% solution ?
21. Rajeev buys goods worth Rs. 6650. He gets a rebate of 6% on it. After getting the rebate, he pays sales tax @10%. Find the amount he will have to pay for the goods.
22. Which one of the following shows the best percentage ?
23. 5% of (25% of Rs. 1600) is
24. What is 25% of 25% equal to
26. An agent gets a commission of 2.5% on the sales of cloth. If on a certain day, he gets Rs. 12.50 as commission, the cloth sold through him on that day is worth
27. If Rs. 2800 is 2/7 percent of the value of a house, the worth of the house (in Rs.) is
28. If 120 is 20% of a number, then 120% of that number will be
29. If 35% of a number is is 175, then what percent of 175 is that number?
30. The difference between a number and its two-fifth is 510. What is 10% of that number ?
31. If 15% of 40 is greater than 25% of a number by 2, then the number is:
32. Subtracting 40 % of a number from the number, we get the result as 30. The number is
33. If 35 % of a number is 12 less than 50 %of that number, then the number is
34. The number which exceeds 16% of it
by 42 is:
35. The population of a town increased from 1,75,000 to 2,62,500 in a decade. The average percent increase of population per year is
36. A batsman scored 110 runs which included 3 boundaries and 8 sixes, what percent of his total score did he make by running between the wickets?
37. In an examination, 35% of the students passed and 455 failed. How many students appeared for the examination ?
38. After deducting a commission of 5%, a TV set costs Rs. 9595. Its market price is ?
39. A student has to obtain 33%of the total marks to pass. He got 125 marks and failed by 40 marks.The maximum marks are:
40. In an election a candidate who gets 84% of the votes is elected by a majority of 476 votes. What is the total number of of votes polled ?
41. 1100 boys and 700 girls are examined in a test; 42 % of the boys and 30 % of the girls pass. The percentage of the total who failed is
42. If x is 90% of y, then what percent of x is y ?
43. If 20% of a = b, then b% of 20 is the same as:
45. If p% of p is 36, then p is equal to:
46. If x is 80% of y then, what percent of 2x is y?
47. (x% of y + y% of x) = ?
48. p is six times as large as q. The percent that q is less than p, is :
49. A's income is 25% more than B's income in terms of A's income is
50. A's salary is 50% more than B's. How much percent is B's salary less than A's?