AFCAT is an entrance test for candidates who wish to join the Indian Air Force as a Commissioned Officer in Flying, Ground Duty (Technical) and Ground Duty (Non-Technical). Indian citizens, passed with a minimum of 60% marks in physics and mathematics at 10 + 2, are eligible to register for the Air Force exam.
- The question paper will be available in English language only.
- Duration of the exam will be of 2 hours (120 minutes).
- The total number of questions asked in the exam will be 100.
- Correct answer: +3 marks and Incorrect answer: – 1 mark.
- No marks will be deducted for unattempted questions.
- AFCAT 2020 is an online test, conducted in two shifts in the English language.
- It will consist of 100 objective questions to be solved within duration of 120 minutes.
- The maximum marks an aspirant can score in AFCAT 2020 are 300.
- The standard of Numerical Ability Questions will be of Matriculation level.
- The standard of questions in other subjects will be of graduation level.
- Three marks will be awarded for every correct answer.
- One mark will be deducted for every incorrect answer.
- No marks for unattempted questions.
About EKT Exam Pattern
- EKT or Engineering Knowledge Test is a meant to test candidate’s engineering knowledge.
- The test is compulsory for candidates applying for Technical Ground Duty branch.
- EKT 2020 is an online test, conducted in two shifts in the English language.
AFCAT Exam Syllabus
General Awareness: The section is designed to test the general knowledge of the applicant. It will have questions to test aspirant’s awareness of ongoing, current events in various fields around the world. Generally, about 20 questions are asked in this section. The main topics along for this section are given below:
- Art and Culture
- International Current Affairs
- Basic Science
Verbal Ability in English: As the name of the section suggests, this segment will assess the student’s knowledge, proficiency, and comprehension in the English language. The total number of questions asked from this section will be approximately 30. The important topics for this section are:
- Fill in the blanks by choosing the appropriate word
- Error Detection
- Sentence Completion
- Synonyms and Antonyms
- Testing of Vocabulary
- Basic Grammar
Quantitative Ability: This section will test the basic mathematical ability of participants. Around 15 questions will be asked from this section. It is considered to be a relatively scoring section though the level of difficulty for this section is moderate to high. The important topics for this section are as follows:
- Decimal Fraction
- Ratio and Proportion
- Simple interest
- Profit and loss
Reasoning and Military Aptitude Test: This section is the most important segment as maximum questions are asked in this section. Candidate’s mental and military aptitude is tested. The difficulty level is moderate and approximately 35 questions are asked from this section. The important topics are listed below:
- Verbal Skills and Spatial Ability
- Data interpretation
- Embedded Figure
- Missing Character
- Sets based on arrangements
- Rotated blocks
- Hidden figures
The following table represents the approximate number of questions asked from each section:
AFCAT 2020 Reference Books