College Cut-off will skyrocket, 70,004 CBSE class 12 students exceed 95%
Daily NEWS Summary | 30-07-2021; The number of Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) students achieving over 95% in class 12 has almost quadrupled in the past two years, meaning college admission limits are likely to reach levels never seen before.
In a year of schools closed and board exams canceled, 99.37% of the besieged 2021 cohort of the CBSE passed their final year, a huge jump from 88.78% of passing the previous year.
However, a larger increase in the number of students with high scores means that the grades needed to enter top colleges will also increase significantly.
Two years ago, before Covid-19 disrupted the education system, an elite of 1.5% of the 2019 class – only 17,693 students – had a score above 95%, giving most of them a reasonable chance of being admitted to a college of their choice. This year, this group has grown by almost 300% to reach 70,000 students. They represent 5.4% of their class.
Overall 2.2 lakh students, 17% of their class, scored over 90% this year. This is more than double the 94,299 students who crossed this bar in 2019.
The overall results are not really comparable to previous years as the 2021 board exams were completely canceled due to the pandemic, which had also been partially affected the 2020 exams.
This year the final results were calculated by the schools in accordance with a formula approved by the Supreme Court using the grades of the class 10 board of directors exams, the grades of the final class 11 exams and the grades obtained in the class 12 practical exams and assessments internal such as mid-term, unit testing. and pre-boarding exams. Schools were also asked to moderate scores as needed to ensure that their students’ overall performance matched the average performance over the past three years.
In view of this unusual grading system, the Council has decided not to publish any merit list of the 0.1% of the best students this year.
It will not issue certificates of merit either. Results are still being processed for 1,060 new schools that had no past performance to use as a benchmark, as well as a few other schools that had not completed the moderation process. This means results have been delayed for 65,184 applicants whose grades will be reported by August 5.
Of the 13.04 lakh candidates for the results were declared, 12.96 lakh passed class 12.
The girls did slightly better, with a pass percentage of 99.67%, compared to 99.13% boys. Kendriya Vidyalaya schools as well as schools in the Central Administration of Tibetan Schools all achieved a pass rate of 100%.
Daily NEWS Summary | 30-07-2021; Condemning the Center for its “inhuman and cruel” statement that no deaths have been reported due to manual scavenging in the past five years, Safai Karamchari Andolan coordinator Bezwada Wilson said that in At least 472 people died cleaning up human faeces during this period. He demanded an apology and a statement from the prime minister on the matter.
Wilson was responding on Wednesday to Social Justice Minister Ramdas Athawale’s written response to a question posed to Rajya Sabha. Congressmen Mallikarjun Kharge and L. Hanumanthaiah asked how many people have engaged in manual garbage collection and who have died in the past five years. “No such deaths have been reported due to manual collection,” the minister’s response said.
He has asked the government for full disclosure on whether he authorized espionage, which appears to be an attempt to muzzle free speech and curb dissent. The government, according to the petition, has yet to give a direct answer on whether the illegal hacking was carried out with its blessing.
The espionage had seriously violated the rights to freedom of expression and to privacy. He had no legal basis. In fact, the statutory supervision regime provided for in Section 5 (2) of the Telegraph Law had been completely circumvented. Civilians had become targets.
Pegasus: no government attempt to approach opposition, leaders say
Daily NEWS Summary | 30-07-2021; Opposition parties denied on Friday that the government attempted to contact them. The leader of the opposition in Rajya Sabha Mallikarjun Kharge said that the opposition has already presented its demands and it is now up to the government to show its willingness to lead the House.
Government sources said that Defense Minister Rajnath Singh could hold talks with senior opposition leaders on Friday, subject to the timing of his return from Tajikistan. But so far, opposition parties said, nothing had come of the proposal.
When asked if Singh had approached him and offered him a peace deal, Kharge told, “Nothing. Mr. Singh himself phoned me earlier. I told him that as soon as you come, if you ask all the chefs to speak, we will go there ” but there has been no response to that, Kharge said.
He added that he had a meeting with House Leader Rajya Sabha Piyush Goyal and Parliamentary Affairs Minister Pralhad Joshi. “They came to my room to say the house should be working. Then I said the easiest way was to have a chat on Pegasus. “
Kharge said that at a meeting of opposition leaders from both chambers, it was agreed that a discussion of the Pegasus cyberattack took precedence over everything else.
Meanwhile, Congress leader P. Chidamabaram has questioned the government’s “ostrich” stance in avoiding a debate on the alleged Pegasus cyberattack even as new details emerge. In the latter case, the French cybersecurity agency confirmed that the cell phones of two French journalists from the Mediapart news portal were infected with Pegasus spyware.
Mediapart announced that the Rafale aircraft affair in France was under investigation, Chidambaram said. How long could the government dodge, hide and slip away? He asked. “Will the government give up its ostrich attitude and accept the opposition’s demand for a full discussion in Parliament on the misuse of Pegasus spyware in India?” -he declares.
The hacking of their phones by Pegasus was confirmed Thursday by computer scientists from the National Agency for the Security of Information Systems (ANSSI), Mediapart reported.
Lovlina Borgohain secures India boxing medal at Tokyo Olympics
Daily NEWS Summary | 30-07-2021; Lovlina Borgohain beat out former world champion Nien-Chin Chen to reach the women’s 69kg semi-final and secure India another medal at the Tokyo Olympics today.
The two-time bronze medalist at the World Championships put in a strong performance against an experienced opponent to register a 4-1 victory in the quarter-finals.
Lovlina will be the second Indian boxer after Mary Kom, and the third overall, to win an Olympic medal.
She recovered after the disappointing spectacle of the Rio 2016 Olympics.
The taller Lovlina, who had secured a pass in the first round and beaten accomplished German boxer Nadine Apetz in the second round, put on an excellent long-distance boxing display to stay ahead of her powerful opponent. In the process, Lovlina avenged her loss to Chen in the semi-finals of the 2018 World Championships in New Delhi.
Covid Updates: The number of coronavirus cases reported in India stood at 3,16,088,647 at the time of publication of this bulletin, with the death toll at 4,23,724.