Punjab, T.N., Kerala perform well on school education index
Daily NEWS Summary | 06-06-2021; Punjab, Tamil Nadu and Kerala all scored above 90% on the Ministry of Education’s Performance Rating Index for 2019-2020, which was released on Sunday.
- Gujarat fell from second to eighth place on the index, while Madhya Pradesh and Chhattisgarh are the only states that have seen a real decline in scores during this period.
- The index tracks the progress made by the states and territories of the Union in school education with respect to learning outcomes, access and equity, infrastructure and facilities and learning processes, governance and management.
- Punjab posted the highest score of nearly 929 out of a possible 1,000, showing a huge jump from 769 last year. The state topped the charts in terms of equity, infrastructure and governance, sharing the top spot in access with Kerala.
- In fact, Punjab has overtaken the territory of the Chandigarh Union, which had dominated the previous two editions of the index, but has now dropped to second place with a score of 912.
- Tamil Nadu also surpassed Kerala, with a score of 906, largely due to improved governance and management of education in the state, as well as in terms of infrastructure and facilities.
- Gujarat, which had the second highest score in the previous edition, fell to eighth place.
- It fell back in the key access area, which measures student enrollment in school and the ability to prevent them from dropping out, as well as the integration of out-of-school students.
- Madhya Pradesh and Chhattisgarh have seen a notable drop in their governance scores, pushing both states to an overall worse performance than in the previous edition.
- The new Union Territory of Ladakh was included separately for the first time in this edition and scored the lowest of only 545.
Kejriwal asks Modi to authorize home delivery of the ration
Daily NEWS Summary | 06-06-2021; Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal in a digital speech asked Prime Minister Narendra Modi to allow home delivery of the ration program that was stopped by the central government. The ration delivery program at home would start on June 7.
- Kejriwal said there was a “ration mafia” that had existed in the capital for several years and that his government was trying to put an end to it by launching the home delivery ration program.
- He added that if there could be home delivery of pizzas, hamburgers, and cell phones, why couldn’t there be ration delivery at home and said that home ration delivery should start across the country since ration stores were super spreaders because of the crowd that gathered there.
Delhi hospital repeals ban on speaking Malayalam
Daily NEWS Summary | 06-06-2021; An order prohibiting nurses at a Delhi public hospital from speaking Malayalam in the hospital has been revoked, the hospital’s medical director said on Sunday. The hospital has yet to share the new order.
- The Govind Ballabh Pant Institute for Postgraduate Medical Education and Research (GIPMER) on Saturday banned nurses from speaking Malayalam at the hospital and warned against “serious action” if they did not speak English or Hindi, according to an order issued by the hospital.
- The nurses had criticized the ban and said they still spoke to patients in Hindi.
- A complaint about the use of the Malayalam language for workplace communication was received at GIPMER.
- While the maximum of patients and colleagues do not know this language and feel helpless, they cause a lot of inconvenience.
- Therefore, all nurses are asked to use only Hindi and English to communicate, otherwise serious measures will be taken, ”the order issued on Saturday reads.
Six minority groups can show NPR registration slips for long-term visas
Daily NEWS Summary | 06-06-2021; Migrants belonging to the six non-Muslim minority communities of Afghanistan, Pakistan and Bangladesh, while applying for long-term visas (LTV), can also submit registration forms from the National Population Register (NPR) as proof of the length of their stay in India, according to a Union Home Office manual.
- The NPR number is part of an illustrative list of more than ten documents that can be provided to apply for an LTV, which is a precursor to acquiring Indian citizenship, either by naturalization or by registration under Articles 5 and 6 of the Indian Citizenship Act. 1955 citizenship for the six communities – Hindus, Sikhs, Jains, Parsis, Christians and Buddhists – of the three countries.
- The special supply of NPR for Hindus and Sikhs in Pakistan and Afghanistan was first completed in 2011.
- The NPR was first compiled in 2010 at the same time as the Decennial Census, and then updated in 2015. It already has a database of 119 million people.
- The NPR is a register of usual residents linked to location details down to the village level and is periodically updated “to incorporate changes due to births, deaths and migration”.
- Citizenship rules developed in 2003 say that the NPR is the first step towards compiling the National Register of Indian Citizens (NRIC) or NRC.
- The next phase of the RNP, which was to include controversial questions about father and mother’s date and place of birth, last place of residence and mother tongue, would be updated simultaneously with the census and the list of dwellings of 2021, which has been postponed. indefinitely due to COVID-19.
LoC has remained silent since the February agreement
Daily NEWS Summary | 06-06-2021; There has been no exchange of fire or attempted infiltration across the Line of Control (LoC) in more than 100 days since India and Pakistan pledged to respect the ceasefire. -fire of 2003, said two defense officials on the spot.
- So far there has been no attempted infiltration. No infiltration was reported either. However, the presence of terrorists on the launch pads is reported. There has been no reduction in numbers, said a senior officer in the field.
- Further he added, that the border population is the biggest beneficiary. It is a great relief for the villagers because they can move around freely because there is no gunfire.
- According to military data, there were over 4,600 ceasefire violations (CFVs) last year and 592 CFVs this year until the pledge went into effect on February 25. . For comparison, as of June 1, 2020, there were 1,531 CFVs.
- However, smuggling continues as there are several villages in front of the LoC fence, the officer said, adding that during those 100 days there had been significant seizures of narcotics and explosive devices, improvised (IED), grenades and pistols.
- “The guns are silent, but we have not let our guard down,” he said.
- According to surveillance entries, several terrorist movements were noted near the LoC despite no attempt to infiltrate. For example, on June 1, three groups of six terrorists each were spotted in the Lipa valley in the areas of Keran, Naugam and Rampur.
- While the Keran group was not identified, the Naugam and Rampur groups were identified as belonging to Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT) and Hizbul Mujahideen respectively, on the basis of land contributions.
- Likewise, at least seven cases of terrorist groups were detected near the LoC in May.
Covid Update: The number of reported coronavirus cases in India is 2,88,64,070 at the time of publication of this bulletin with a death toll of 3, 47,737.