As Chinese troops move two kilometers away from the fighting site in Galwan Valley in eastern Ladakh, Indian troops have also retreated about 1.5 kilometers, a senior government official told.
- The Indian army, which has so far patrolled at patrol point 14, the site of the clash in which 20 soldiers were killed on June 15, will not be able to do so for the next 30 days according to a moratorium on foot patrol agreed during the corps commanders’ talks on June 30.
- The official said that this was worrying because the Chinese were well aware of India’s current line of control (LAC), and if a long-term solution was not found, Indian troops could permanently lose their right to patrol the area.
- Galwan is one of the stumbling blocks in eastern Ladakh. There was an accumulation throughout the LAC region, including the hot springs and Finger 4-8 in the Pangong Tso (lake) region from April to May.
Thousands of Indian students in the United States could lose visas – the United States has declared that it will not allow foreign students to stay in the country during the fall semester if, due to the pandemic of Covid-19, all of their University courses are transferred online.
- In its opinion, the Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) of the United States added that students could be left behind if they switched to a course with courses in person.
- Indian officials will raise the issue with their US counterparts on Tuesday during consultations with the foreign ministry.
- The rule, announced by the Immigration and Customs Enforcement Service (ICE), an agency of the United States Department of Homeland Security (DHS), says that F-1 and M-1 visa holders (non-university students and professional) plan to take online courses alone will not be allowed to stay in the United States Due to Covid-19, several universities plan to change all their classes online for the fall semester, which normally begins in September.
- With at least 2,000,000 Indian students in the United States, the country is the second largest source of foreign students, with China being the first.
- The announcement comes weeks after U.S. President Donald Trump has suspended visas for highly skilled H1-B workers until the end of the year. Many of these visas are issued annually to Indian citizens.
The number of cases of coronavirus reported in India was 7.37,662, with a number of deaths of 20,599. The total number of cases and deaths due to Indian coronavirus per million inhabitants is one of the lowest in world, said the Union’s Ministry of Health today, even as the country’s infection rate exceeded 7 lakh, and the death toll rose to 20,160.
- Referring to the Report WHO situation report July 6, 2006, the ministry said that Covid-19 cases in India per million people were 505.37, compared to a world average of 1,453.25.
“The WHO situation report also shows that India has one of the lowest deaths [due to Covid-19] per million inhabitants. Deaths in India per million inhabitants are 14.27, while the world average is more than four times higher, at 68.29 “the ministry said.