Reveal more details on Rs. 20 lakh crore economic stimulus package, Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman today spoke of measures targeting agriculture and related sectors. Although the measures announced can give positive results insofar as they are faithfully implemented, it is not known how they would be of immediate help to alleviate the distress in the agricultural sector, which is also very dependent on workers. migrants, the majority of the population strongly affected by the blockade linked to the pandemic.
Here are the key takeaways from the press briefing:
- The government will amend the Essential Commodities Act to deregulate food items, including cereals, edible oil, oilseeds, pulses, onion and potato. The amendment, besides deregulating production and sale of food products, will provide for no stock limit to be imposed on any produce.
- A Rs 1 lakh crore agri-infrastructure fund for farm-gate infrastructure to be set up. It will be used for building cold chains and post-harvest management infrastructure.
- The Centre will establish a legal framework that will enable farmers to engage with processors, aggregators, large retailers, and exporters in a fair and transparent manner.
- A Rs 10,000 crore scheme for formalisation of micro food enterprises (MFE) will be launched to help 2 lakh MFEs.
- A Rs 15,000 crore Animal Husbandry Infrastructure Development Fund will be set up to support investment in dairy processing, value addition, and cattle feed infrastructure.
- As much as Rs 10,000 crore will be provided for fishermen through Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana (PMMSY).
- For promoting herbal cultivation, a Rs 4,000 crore National Medicinal Plants Fund will be started. It will help bring 10 lakh hectares under herbal cultivation.
- For beekeepers, a Rs 500-crore scheme for infrastructure development and post-harvest facilities.
Covid Times: The number of positive coronavirus cases reported in India is 85,544, with a death number of 2,745. Globally, more than 44,544,090 infections have been reported, with at least 3,022,489 deaths. Thirty municipal areas account for 79% of coronavirus infections in India, the Group of Ministers reported on COVID-19 today. Meanwhile, with 16 new Covid-19 cases reported on Friday, the total rose to 576 in Kerala, which has seen an increase in late cases. The number of patients on treatment for Covid-19 in China fell below 100 for the first time since January. Meanwhile, Wuhan, the epicenter of the pandemic, has launched a massive campaign to assess its 11 million residents and detect asymptomatic cases.
Thirty municipal areas account for 79% of India’s coronavirus infection caseload, the Group of Ministers on COVID-19 was informed today. Meanwhile, with 16 fresh Covid-19 cases reported on Friday, the total rose to 576 in Kerala, which has been witnessing a spike in cases of late. The number of patients undergoing treatment for Covid-19 in China has fallen below 100 for the first time since January. Meanwhile Wuhan — epicentre of the pandemic — launched a massive drive to test all its 11 million residents, to detect asymptomatic cases, officials said on Friday.
From now on, cabin crew members from major Indian airlines will have personal protective equipment (PPE) like face shields, gowns, and masks as part of their outfit on commercial flights. passengers when they resume operations. Airlines such as IndiGo, Air India, Vistara and AirAsia India have decided to use the new equipment to ensure the safety of cabin crew members as they are close to passengers during flights. It would look like the outfit presented by the Philippines AirAsia to its cabin crew on April 27: a body suit consisting of a face shield and a face mask.
The Supreme Court has decided to cancel their summer vacation and work for almost two months until June 19 for now. After June 19, other plans will be made as to whether they will continue to operate or whether they will take a short break for the judges to visit their hometown.
The Government of India obtains another $ 1 billion loan from the World Bank to support its COVID-19 relief efforts. The money will also be used for social security reforms, which will make it more integrated, portable and focused on the urban poor.
Last month, the bank approved a $ 1 billion loan to support the health sector. The new support will be financed in two phases. An allocation of $ 750 million, over 5,600 crore rupees, will be immediately allocated to help finance the Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Yojana. The Center announced the plan in March to expand cash transfers and free distribution of food grains to vulnerable communities, retirees, and poor workers, and to provide insurance to health workers.
The Supreme Court suspended an order from the Madras Superior Court to close liquor stores in the state in order to maintain physical distance until the end of the Covid-19 segregation. The court froze the proceedings before the Superior Court and sent a formal notice to the defendants (who were PIA applicants in the Superior Court), asking them to respond within four weeks.
There is no “contradiction” in the new road built by the Lipulekh pass to the current control line (LAC) to shorten the journey time of Indian pilgrims going to Kailash-Mansarovar, and Nepal may have posed the problem. “at the request of someone else”, chief of the general army. Manoj Naravane said Friday,
InterGlobe Enterprises, the largest shareholder in IndiGo, announced Friday that it has signed an agreement to participate in the sale of Virgin Australia, three weeks after the second largest Australian airline announced its collapse amid the pandemic from Covid19.
AatmNirbhar Bharat amazon CBSE corona vaccination CORONA VACCINE Coronavirus Covaxin COVID COVID 19 COVID19 Covid update Covid updates COVID VACCINE covishield DAILY NEWS SUMMARY Donald trump DRDO Facebook farmers protest GDP GST ICMR indian economy INDO-CHINA BORDER DISPUTE INDO-CHINA CONFLICT JOE BIDEN LAC lockdown Mann ki baat NARENDRA MODI NEET NV Ramana PRASHANT BHUSHAN RAHUL GANDHI RAJASTHAN POLITICAL CRISIS RAJSTHAN POLITICAL CRISIS RBI RIL Sputnik V Supreme Court supreme court of india Taliban twitter UAPA WHO