Amid lockdown talks, migrant movements increase on Indore’s Mumbai-Agra highway
Daily NEWS Summary | 11-04-2021; A sharp rise in COVID-19 cases in Mumbai and continued discussions of a ‘lockdown’ to address it have made National Highway No.3 which borders Madhya Pradesh’s Indore shopping center a major route for migrants of Bihar, according to the Press Trust of India.
- The number of motorcycles, black and yellow mini-trucks and automatic rickshaws, filled with migrants, has increased in recent days on a ring road connected to this road, popularly known as the Mumbai-Agra highway, eyewitnesses said on April 11.
- In 2020, the road witnessed bumper-to-bumper traffic as people trying to escape a crippling coronavirus-induced lockdown in Mumbai and adjacent areas made their way to the states of the east and north in some of the more defenseless and more difficult travel conditions.
- Mumbai reported 9,330 new cases and 28 deaths on April 10, bringing the number of infections to 5,10,512 and the count to 11,944.
- The Mumbai Division, which includes the metropolis and surrounding districts, reported 18,241 new cases and 89 deaths during the day, bringing the number to 10.64,221 and the number of deaths to 21,028.
Center bans export of Remdesivir due to increase in cases
Daily NEWS Summary | 11-04-2021; The Center banned exports of active pharmaceutical ingredients (APIs) of injectable remdesivir and remdesivir in an order issued Sunday indicating that there has been a sudden increase in demand for injectable remdesivir used in the treatment of COVID patients.
- Seven Indian companies are producing injectable Remdesivir under a voluntary license agreement with M / s. Gilead Sciences, United States.
- They have an installed capacity of around 38.80 lakh units per month.
- The statement released by the Ministry of Health noted that to ensure easy access to injection, all domestic manufacturers of Remdesivir were asked to post contact details of their stockists / distributors on their website for easy access to the injection.
- They added that the Department of Pharmaceuticals has been in contact with domestic manufacturers to increase the production of Remdesivir.
- According to the central government’s national COVID-19 clinical management protocol, remdesivir is listed as an experimental therapy (that is, where informed and shared decision-making is essential).
India Inc says it prefers strict security measures over partial shutdowns
Daily NEWS Summary | 11-04-2021; Having warned that the partial lockdown measures could affect the movement of labor and goods and lead to a decrease in production of up to 50%, India Inc believes that strict enforcement of safety rules is a better option than partial lockouts., According to a CII survey.
- The survey of the impact of partial lockdowns on the industry, conducted among 710 CEOs and senior industry executives in the manufacturing and service sectors, comes at a time when several states are imposing restrictions such as the covers -night fire and total lockdowns amid COVID outbreak- 19 cases.
“Three in four respondents believe that the implementation of a nighttime curfew or partial closure will affect the movement of workers to factories and workplaces, respectively. Among these respondents, an additional majority (52%) foresee a decrease in production / sales which will range from 10% to 50%, on a monthly basis, due to the limitation of labor movements ”,declared the CII.
- About 31% of industry leaders said they would house their workforce at the plant if movement restrictions occurred due to the nighttime curfew.
- TV. Narendran, president of the CII, said strict compliance measures to promote strict adherence to health and safety protocols are essential and that any measures to restrict social gatherings should not extend to the regular operation of the CII industry and commerce.
- They also proposed to extend the vaccination program to all people over the age of 18. Protecting livelihoods and lives is essential and the industry is willing to work with the government on universal coverage [ages 18 and over] of the immunization program and the implementation of strict health and safety protocols.
Bengal BJP chairman met on warning of further Sitalkuchi shootings
Daily NEWS Summary | 11-04-2021; West Bengal Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) President Dilip Ghosh today courted the controversy and warned that Sitalkuchi cases will be in various places, if someone takes justice into their own hands.
- Mr. Ghosh, who passes a scandal proposal, will declare that whoever thinks of arming the central forces at the “show fair” realizing “force of arms”.
- These remarks drew condemnation from various political parties and included the Trinamool Congress (TMC) and left-wing parties.
- Five people were killed in two separate incidents of shooting at Sitalkuchi in Cooch Behar during the fourth phase of voting on April 10.
- Four people died when central forces opened fire at booth number 126 in Jor Patki village in the Sitalkuchi Assembly segment.
Jordanian prince makes first appearance since house arrest
Daily NEWS Summary | 11-04-2021; Jordan’s Prince Hamzah made his first public appearance on Sunday since being under house arrest last week, attending a ceremony with King Abdullah II in what was to be an attempt to demonstrate unity during a big Jordanian party.
- The rest of the story is unclear if this is a popular half-brother who had differences that escalated last week to become the biggest rift posted by the big family in decades.
- Prince Hamzah joined members of the Jordanian royal family to mark the centenary of the creation of the Emirate of Transjordan, a British protectorate which predated the royalist.
- The royal palace posted a photo and video with Abdullah, Hamzah, Crown Prince Hussein and other dignitaries at King Talal’s tomb in Amman, the capital of Jordan.
- It was the first given to him by Prince Hamzah had been seen in public since he was placed under house arrest on April 3 following charges that he was involved in a malicious plot to destabilize the kingdom.
- In statements leaked to the media, Prince Hamzah did not blame the charges and accused the country’s government of corruption and incompetence. I return Abdallah afterwards. I will declare that the authorities had played a sedition attempt implying that they are half-brothers and some 18 suspects, while saying they were angry and in shock.
- King Abdullah also suggested that he and had continued control over Prince Hamzah’s motions, claims that the prince was “with his family in his palace, in my care”.
Daily NEWS Summary | 11-04-2021; The coronavirus case reported in India stands at 1,35,08,801 at the time of the bulletin’s publication as deaths at 1,71,433.