In the spectrum auction, Jio is the biggest buyer
Daily NEWS Summary|| 02.03.2021, India’s first telecommunications spectrum auction in five years ended Tuesday with the purchase of Rs 77,814.80 crore of waves, mainly by Reliance Jio of billionaire Mukesh Ambani.
- More than 2,250 MHz of spectrum carrying telecommunications signals, in seven bands worth nearly ₹ 4 lakh crore at the reserve or exit price, was offered for auction in the auction that began Monday.
- Telecommunications Secretary Anshu Prakash said 855.60 MHz of spectrum was purchased for Rs 77,814.80 crore in the two-day auction.
- Reliance Jio bought ₹ 57,122.65 crore of spectrum and Bharti Airtel acquired radio waves worth ₹ 18,699 crore, while Vodafone Idea Ltd collected ₹ 1,993.40 crore of waves.
Farm Unions Will Campaign Against BJP In States Heading For Assembly Elections
Daily NEWS Summary|| 02.03.2021, Increasing pressure on the BJP, protesting agricultural unions decided to campaign against the party in the upcoming assembly elections.
- The general body of Samyukt Kisan Morcha (SKM) decided on Tuesday to send teams to the four election-related states and one Union territory.
- Following a meeting with union leaders on Monday, SKM also announced that it would support the call launched on March 15 by ten central unions to protest against privatization and corporatization.
- On March 6, to mark the 100th day of the campaign’s arrival at Delhi’s borders, protesters plan to block the entire length of the Western Ring Road or the Kundli-Manesar-Palwal Highway for five hours between 11 a.m. 16 hours.
- The six-lane highway around the capital connects the main border protest sites with Singhu, Tikri and Ghazipur.
- Supporters of farmers demonstrating in other parts of the country are encouraged to display black flags in their homes and offices or wear black stripes on their clothing on March 6, which will be celebrated as Black Flag Day, SKM leaders said.
- SKM will also launch a “MSP Dilao Abhiyan” to show that the country’s farmers are not really getting minimum support prices for their crops in the markets.
- The campaign to expose the reality of the government’s promises on the MSP will begin in Karnataka on March 5 and then move to Andhra Pradesh and Telangana as well.
- Tens of thousands of farmers, mostly from Punjab, Haryana and Uttar Pradesh, have been camping on the borders of Delhi for three months.
Priyanka Gandhi launches five-guarantee campaign in Assam
Daily NEWS Summary|| 02.03.2021, Congress Secretary General Priyanka Vadra launched the party’s five guarantees campaign for the upcoming Assam elections on Tuesday.
- The five guarantees are: passage of a law canceling the Citizenship (Amendment) Act, creation of five lakhs of government jobs, increase in the daily wage of tea plantation workers to ₹ 365, free electricity up to 200 units per household and ₹ 2000 per month. entry. support for all housewives.
In the Hathras case, father of sexually harassed daughter allegedly murdered by defendant on bail
Daily NEWS Summary|| 02.03.2021, The BJP and the Samajwadi Party (SP) engaged in a blame game on Tuesday after a man whose daughter was sexually harassed was shot and killed, apparently by the main defendant on bail since 2018 and his associates, in the district of Hathras, Uttar Pradesh.
- While SP President Akhilesh Yadav attacked the BJP government for the assassination, BJP leaders alleged that the main defendant, Gaurav Sharma, was affiliated with the SP.
- SP leaders retaliated by posting photos of the accused with BJP MLA, Aligarh Satish Gautam.
- Meanwhile, the police arrested one of the four named defendants, Lalit Sharma.
- A daughter of the deceased, Ambarish Sharma, said her father was shot and killed by six or seven people.
- The incident took place around 4 p.m. Monday in the village of Naujarpur in Sasni.
- Hathras Police Superintendent Jaiswal said Gaurav and his friends shot Ambarish and he died on the way to hospital. Inspector General Aligarh Piyush Mordia said police found Ambarish’s body in a potato field.
- In the police report, the girl said that the defendant threatened to withdraw the sexual harassment case and shot her father indiscriminately.
- In June 2018, Ambarish had filed an FIR against Gaurav on charges of “chedkhani” (sexual abuse or taunting the day before), following month, Gaurav was sent to jail and released on bail after a month.
- Following the police report, bad blood continued between the two families.
- As Gaurav’s wife and maternal aunt visited a temple in the village on Monday, they had an argument with Ambarish’s two daughters following the sexual harassment incident, the SP said.
- Gaurav and Ambarish quickly arrived at the scene and there was a heated argument between the two.
- Gaurav called some of his family’s children to the scene and shot Ambarish, police said. Regarding the victim’s family complaint, an FIR was registered against four named defendants.
- Pausing from the media, Ambarish’s daughter pleaded for justice with her folded hands.
Daily NEWS Summary|| 02.03.2021, The number of coronavirus cases reported in India was 1,11,37,148 at the time of publication of this bulletin, with a toll of 1,58,727.
- Union Health Ministry said today that people can take the first and second doses of the coronavirus vaccine at different locations, as well as change the dates of their inoculation schedule.
- So far, 50 lakh people have been registered to be vaccinated in the second phase of the vaccination process, which covers people over 60 and over 45 with co-morbidities.