The coronavirus figure in India was 1.13.579, with a death toll of 3,460. The Ministry of Health, which holds press meetings after more than a week, said that the mortality rate for Covid-19 cases in India was 3.06%, compared to the world average of 6, 65%. The ministry released some additional statistics. A breakdown of the deaths from a gender perspective showed that 64% of the deaths were men, while the remaining 36% were women. About 0.5% of deaths were due to patients under the age of 15, 2.5% to people aged 15 to 30, 11.4% were in the 30 to 45 age group, 35, 1% between 45 and 60 years and 50.5% of deaths were due to people over 60 years of age.
The number of victims of Super Cyclone Amphan in West Bengal has increased to 72, including 15 from Calcutta. CM Mamta Banerjee, who met with government officials to assess the damage, said she has never seen such a disaster in her life. Banerjee said Interior Minister Amit Shah called her to speak about the extent of the disaster. The devastation caused by the cyclone altered the perspectives of migrant workers who had already lost their jobs during the foreclosure.
Two major travel updates, starting with the railways. Minister of Railways Piyush Goyal said that the reservation of train tickets would resume on Friday. Tickets will be sold at 1.7 lakh commom service centers across the country. Common service centers are physical facilities for the provision of government electronic services in rural and remote areas where the availability of computers and the Internet is negligible or nonexistent. These are unique establishments where people can apply for an Aadhar card, open a bank account and make utility bill payments, among others. Goyal also said that within 2.5 hours of the opening of reservations for the 100 pairs of special trains that will run on June 1, nearly 4 lakh passengers have booked tickets. People have also started booking round-trip tickets to return to work, he said.
The Ministry of Civil Aviation has finalized the guidelines for air operations, which will begin gradually from May 25. There will be no physical check-in at airports. Airlines will ensure that passengers check in online or by phone. They can submit their contact information either on the Aarogya Setu app or on a self-declaration form. The airlines will provide a safety kit, which will include a mask, hand sanitizer, and face shield. Passengers may only carry one piece of hand luggage and one piece of checked baggage of up to 20 kg. In-flight meals will not be served. Passengers will not be allowed to eat food inside the aircraft. The cabin crew will wear personal protective equipment, which includes a full coat, a shoe cover, a mask, and a pair of gloves. Measures have been taken to keep prices under control for the first three months, according to Civil Aviation Minister Hardeep Singh Puri. “For Delhi-Mumbai flights, Rs. 3,500 will be the minimum fare and the maximum will be Rs 10,000,”
Congress president Sonia Gandhi launched the Rajiv Gandhi Kisan Nyay scheme in Chhattisgarh through video conferencing. It was also a tribute to the former prime minister on his death anniversary.
The Delhi High Court has decided that from Friday, all its judges will sit everyday to take up “urgent matters of all kinds” via video conferencing. The high court and the lower courts had together taken up 20,726 urgent matters during the Covid-19-related lockdown, from March 24 to May 19.
AatmNirbhar Bharat corona vaccination CORONA VACCINE Coronavirus covaxine COVID COVID 19 COVID19 COVID TIMES Covid update Covid updates COVID VACCINE DAILY NEWS SUMMARY Donald trump Facebook farmers protest GST GST COMPENSATION ICMR indian economy INDO-CHINA BORDER DISPUTE Indo-China border disputes INDO-CHINA CONFLICT JIO JOE BIDEN LAC lockdown Mann ki baat MIGRANTS NARENDRA MODI NOBEL PRIZE nobel prize 2020 Pangong Tso Lake PRASHANT BHUSHAN RAHUL GANDHI RAJASTHAN POLITICAL CRISIS RAJSTHAN POLITICAL CRISIS RAM TEMPLE RBI RELIANCE INDUSTRIES LIMITED RIL supreme court of india tractor rally on 26th कोरोना वायरस भारत-चीन सीमा विवाद