Non-concession of territory after agreement with China: Government
India said on Friday it had not ceded any territory following the finalized agreement with China for the withdrawal of troops in the areas of Lake Pangong in eastern Ladakh. Hours after the leader of Congress, Rahul Gandhi, alleged that the government had “ceded” Indian territory to the Chinese, the Defense Ministry issued a firmly worded statement, stating that effectively safeguarding the national interest and territory of the country in the eastern sector of Ladakh had taken place because the government had full confidence in the capabilities of the armed forces.
- “Those who doubt the achievements made possible by the sacrifices of our military personnel do not respect them,” the statement said. The ministry also made some clarifications in the statement and said: “The claim that the Indian territory is up to finger 4 is categorically false.
- The territory of India is as shown on the map of India and comprises more than 43,000 square km currently under the illegal occupation of China since 1962.
- Even the Line of Actual Control (LAC), according to Indian perception, is for finger 8 , not for Finger 4. That is why India has consistently maintained the right to patrol up to Finger 8, even in the current agreement with China, ” said the Defense Ministry.
- Defense Minister Rajnath Singh told parliament on Thursday that under the terms of the deal, China would withdraw troops east from Finger 8 areas on the north shore of Pangong Lake, while Indian personnel would be based at its permanent base in Dhan Singh Thapa Post near finger 3 in the area.
- Earlier today, former President of Congress Rahul Gandhi launched a scathing attack on Prime Minister Narendra Modi, accusing him of “cowardice” and “giving up Indian territory to China.”
- At a press conference earlier today, Gandhi told reporters that the Indian territory was up to finger 4 in the Pangong area where the Indian post was located, but the government had now agreed to move it back to finger 3.
- On Thursday, Defense Minister Rajnath Singh informed parliament that Indian and Chinese troops had agreed to separate both sides of Pangong Tso in a “staggered, coordinated and verified manner”.
- The congress leader said it was China that could claim success, as Prime Minister Narendra Modi “gave them a part of Bharat Mata [Mother India].”
- The congressman said that while India’s armed forces – the army, air force and navy – are ready to take on China, the prime minister is not. He said the forces had “risked everything they had to capture” Kailash’s chains, but the government had now asked them to back down without specifying “for what.”
- More importantly, he said, the Chinese are still in strategically important areas such as the Depsang Plains, Gogra and Hot Springs and questioned the Defense Minister for “not saying a word about these areas.”
Family or clan consent is not required when two adults agree to marry: SC
Educated youth are leading the way in reducing tensions between castes and communities in India by engaging in marriages between members, the Supreme Court said in a ruling.
“Educated young boys and girls choose their life partners, which is a departure from the old norms of society, where caste and community played an important role. This may be the way forward where tensions between castes and communities will be reduced through these mixed marriages, ”a court led by Judge Sanjay Kishan Kaul said in a recent verdict.
- Judge Kaul subpoenaed B.R. The annihilation of the Ambedkar caste, in which the “Father of the Constitution” said; “I am convinced that the true cure is mixed marriage.
- The fusion of blood alone can create the feeling of being friends and relatives, and unless that feeling of kinship, of kinship becomes paramount, the separatist feeling – the feeling of being extraterrestrial – created by the caste will not go away. “
- As more and more cases come to the Supreme Court challenging religious conversion laws enacted by various states, Judge Kaul observed in his February 8 ruling that “the consent of family, community or clan is not necessary once both adults agree to commit themselves to a marriage and that their consent must piously take precedence ”.
TMC MP Dinesh Trivedi announces Rajya Sabha’s resignation
TMC MP Dinesh Trivedi on Friday announced his resignation of Rajya Sabha, saying he felt suffocated in the House because he could do nothing against the “violence” unfolding in his state of West Bengal. The Trinamool Congress (TMC) MP said he couldn’t stand what was happening in West Bengal.
- “I’m grateful to my party for sending me here, but now I feel a bit stifled. There is nothing we can do and there is a (continuing) atrocity. My voice of conscience says what Swami Vivekananda used to say: get up, wake up and don’t stop until the goal is reached, ”said Trivedi, while announcing his resignation from bedroom.
- Rajya Sabha’s vice-chairman Harivansh Narayan Singh said there was a due process for resigning from the House and asked Trivedi to submit his resignation in writing to the president.
Covid Watch: The number of reported corona virus cases in India was 1,08,86,641 at the time of publication of this bulletin, with a toll of 1,56,903.
India’s industrial production rose 1% in December, official data showed on Friday. According to data from the Industrial Production Index (IIP), the production of the manufacturing sector increased by 1.6% in December 2020. Mining production fell by 4.8%, while electricity production increased by increased by 5.1% in December 2020. IIP had increased by 0.4% in December 2019 Industrial production has been affected by the Covid-19 pandemic since March of last year, when IIP contracted of 18.7% over the month.