Rahul and Priyanka meet the family of Hathras gang rape victim
Congressman Rahul Gandhi and Party Secretary General Priyanka Gandhi Vadra met the family of the Dalit woman who died of suspected gang rape this week after the government of Uttar Pradesh allowed them to visit Hathras.
- It came after the police tried to convince them that Section 144 was in effect and that their visit would violate the Epidemic Disease Law.
- Love Kumar, additional police commissioner (law and order) Gautam Buddh Nagar, told reporters that large numbers of workers showed up on the Delhi-Noida-Delhi (MDN) air route, causing a traffic jam. The main leaders of the Congress, K.C. Venugopal, Adhir Ranjan Chowdhury and P.L. Punia accompanied Gandhi and Vadra.
- Congress workers who came to join their leaders on the DND were accused of lathi by the U.P. Policeman. Former MP Kamal Kishore and Delhi Congress President Anil Choudhary were beaten.
- Vadra got out of the car and held a police lathi. We heard him ask him not to hit party workers. He also explained the situation to the party workers and asked them to return before continuing.
- A few hours earlier, Gautam Buddh Nagar’s police had made arrangements to arrest Gandhi and Vadra in Noida. A large police deployment was carried out to prevent congressional leaders from crossing Delhi-U.P. border. Gandhi tweeted that he would make another attempt to reach Hathras and speak to the family of the 19-year-old who was brutally assaulted and killed.
- In a Hindi tweet, Gandhi said that no force on earth could stop him from going to Hathras, meeting the unhappy family and sharing his pain.
- State Congressman Ajay Kumar Lallu tweeted that Uttar Pradesh police had placed him under house arrest to prevent him from reaching Hathras.
AIIMS medical board rules out murder in Sushant Singh Rajput case
while the CBI said on Saturday it was “investigating all aspects of the death of actor Sushant Singh Rajput, and the investigation is still ongoing, ” according to the All IndiA Institute of the Medical Sciences (AIIMS), which was established to investigate the case,“ has ruled out the murder ”. The AIIMS medical council called it “a case of hanging and death by suicide.”
- Meanwhile, Kshitij Prasad, a former executive producer of Dharma Productions owned by Karan Johar, who had been arrested in connection with the ongoing drug investigation in connection with the case, told a special court charged drugs. and psychotropic substances (NDPS) that the Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB) harassed him and forced him to wrongly implicate actors Ranbir Kapoor, Arjun Rampal and Dino Morea.
- Prasad had previously said he was forced to wrongly implicate Karan Johar. NCB has denied Prasad’s allegations. The court took him into custody until October 6. The NCB had placed him in preventive detention until 3 October.
Will waive compound interest on loans up to Rs. 2 crore, government informs Supreme Court The Center has informed the Supreme Court that it will continue to ‘hold’ small vulnerable borrowers and waive compound interest (interest on interest) earned on their loans during the six-month moratorium period announced during detention. The compound interest exemption only applies to loans of up to Rs 2 million, according to a supplemental affidavit submitted by the Ministry of Finance to the Supreme Court. The compound interest waiver during the six-month moratorium will cover MSMEs, education, housing, consumer durables, credit cards, cars, personal and consumer loans, all up to 2 million rupees.
Trump Was Hospitalized After Covid-19 Diagnosis
US President Donald Trump was in a military hospital on Saturday for treatment after testing positive for Covid-19. About 17 hours after making his diagnosis public, Trump slowly walked from the White House to a helicopter waiting to be flown to Walter Reed National Military Medical Center in Bethesda, Maryland.
- He was wearing a mask and a suit and did not speak to reporters. Trump, 74, will be working in a special hospital suite for the next few days as a precaution.
- White House physician Sean P. Conley said late Friday that Trump was fine, did not need extra oxygen and had received a first dose of Remdesivir, an intravenous antiviral drug sold by Gilead Sciences. Inc. which shortened hospital stays.
- The number of reported coronavirus cases in India was 65,41,615 at the time of this news summary, with a balance of 1,01,780.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi opened the Atal Tunnel at Rohtang in Himachal Pradesh on Saturday. The longest road tunnel in the world, located 3,000 meters above sea level, connects the Solang Valley near Manali with Sissu in the Lahaul and Spiti district. Describing the tunnel as an example of world-class border connectivity, Modi said that it will improve India’s border infrastructure.