National Congress spokesman Randeep Surjewala said on Tuesday that the party could hold talks with rebel parliamentarians from the Sachin pilot camp if they leave the hospitality of the Manohar Lal Khattar government in Haryana and return home.
- When asked if the doors are open to dissidents, Surjewala said that lawmakers must first enter into dialogue with the party on the condition that they renounce the security of the Haryana police in Manesar, as well as’ the BJP hospitality and friendship.
In a blow to Indian IT professionals looking at the U.S. job market, President Donald Trump on Monday signed an executive order prohibiting federal agencies from hiring foreign workers, mostly those on H-1B visas, for contracts.
“Today I am signing an executive order to ensure that the federal government lives by a very simple rule: hire Americans,”Trump told reporters in the Oval Office of the White House before signing the order against hiring Headlines.
- H1B visa for federal contracts, The move came more than a month after the Trump administration suspended H-1B visas, along with other types of work visas abroad, until the end of 2020 to protect American workers. during a crucial election year. The new restrictions took effect on June 24.
Breaking the silence of her party over the opening ceremony of the Ram temple in Ayodhya scheduled for tomorrow, Uttar Pradesh Priyanka Gandhi Vadra’s Congress secretary on Tuesday said the occasion was to symbolize “national harmony, brotherhood and cultural unity.”
- In a statement in Hindi posted on Twitter, Vadra said that the character of Lord Ram is the thread that connects everyone in the Indian subcontinent, from north to south, from east to west.
- “Ram is in everyone, Ram is with everyone … With the message and grace of Lord Rama and Mother Sita, the Bhoomipujan ceremony at the Ramlala temple has become an occasion for national unity, brotherhood and the cultural congregation, “She tweeted.
The Eid ceasefire between Afghan and Taliban forces, which included prisoner exchanges, has given hope that the three Indian hostages kidnapped in 2018 will return home soon. Sources said negotiations for the release of two hostages had ended, while Afghan officials hope to solve the problems for the release of the third as well.
- A Loya Jirga (a large tribal council) called by President Ashraf Ghani on August 7 to inform him of the fate of some 400 Taliban convicted of “heinous crimes” could also be crucial in securing release, the sources said.
- The hostages, Prasadi Mahto and Hulas Mahto of Jharkhand, and Mantu Singh of Bihar, were part of a group of seven employees of the Indian engineering company KEC International (belonging to the RP Goenka group) that was developing an electricity project in the province from Baglan from northern Afghanistan.
China on Tuesday asked India to “avoid politicizing normal cooperation” after measures to review ongoing cooperation for language training between Indian universities and programs run by the Chinese government.
- Following the decision to remove Mandarin from its list of suggested languages as part of the National Education Policy (NEP), the Ministry of Education (Ministry of Human Resources Development) has also put several institutes offering training in Chinese under the scanner.
- It extends to the Confucius Institutes and Confucius Classrooms jointly established by the Chinese Confucius Institute and seven Indian universities and colleges, as well as 54 memoranda of understanding on cooperation between schools signed between Indian and Chinese higher education institutions.
- “The China-India cooperation in the Confucius Institute project has been going on for more than 10 years,” spokesman Ji Rong said.
- All Confucius Institutes were established by Chinese and Indian universities after signing a legally binding cooperation agreement in accordance with the principles of mutual respect, friendly consultation, equality and mutual benefit, and on the assumption that the Indian party voluntarily requested and fulfilled the conditions to direct the Institute.
- Over the years, the Confucius Institutes have played an important role in promoting Chinese language education in India and China-India among peoples and cultural exchanges, he adds.
The government of Bihar has recommended a CBI investigation into the death of Bollywood actor Sushant Singh Rajput. “Since the family has given their consent, we recommend a CBI investigation to the FIR which has remained here … I have spoken to the state DGP and all documents for the CBI investigation are ongoing and I think it will be sent today “. Chief Minister Nitish Kumar told media.
Chinese mobile phone company Vivo is expected to retire as main sponsor of IPL this year. He is in talks with the BCCI for a “friendly separation” amid growing diplomatic tensions between China and India. The one-year withdrawal could be treated as a moratorium period and, if relations improve, BCCI may consider signing a new three-year agreement with the company from 2021 to 2023 in revised terms. The IPL will take place in the UAE from September 19 to November 10 of this year.
The Supreme Court on Tuesday reserved for orders a decade-long contempt case against prominent civil rights lawyer Prashant Bhushan, whose office said he refused to apologize but agreed to issue a statement in which his comments on judicial “corruption”.
- In an interview for Tehelka magazine in 2009, they were not intended to harm the families of judges or tarnish the judiciary. A two-page court order issued later said the court had yet to receive the “explanations / apologies” submitted by Bhushan and Tarun Tejpal, then editor of Tehelka.
- The three-judge bench led by Judge Arun Mishra said they would hear the contempt case if “we don’t accept the explanation / apology”.
The number of coronavirus cases reported in India stood at 19.01,856 at the time of this news summary, with a death toll of 39,811. India recorded 52,050 new cases on Tuesday. Interestingly, at a time when India reported the highest number of positive Covid-19 cases on a day in the world, the Ministry of Health, in a presentation to the parliamentary committee on health, claimed that the prolonged blockade had helped save nearly 78,000 lives. He also claimed that India imposed the blockade on the 55th day from the first case, while most countries waited for the third stage with cases ranging from 4,000 to 12,000 cases.
Mumbai recorded its highest rainfall since 2005, leading to citywide flooding and travel chaos. The BMC urged residents to stay indoors. “Mumbaikars are urged not to venture out unless it is extremely necessary and to stay away from coastlines and flooded areas,” BMC said. The Indian Meteorological Department has issued a red alert with a forecast of “extremely heavy” rains in the districts of Mumbai, Thane, Pune, Raigad and Ratnagiri in Maharashtra for the next 48 hours.