- COVID Times: The number of positive cases reported in India stands at 42497with 1389 fatalities.
- The third phase of the lockdown, with ‘considerable relaxation’, begins today.
- The apex court has restricted its functioning since March 23, days before the nationwide lockdown started from March 25, and is presently hearing urgent matters through video-conferencing.
- Only a few States including Karnataka, Rajasthan, Maharashtra and Uttar Pradesh have notified MHA guidelines so far.
- Lack of clarity from States could pose difficulty for e-commerce companies to resume full operations as stated by top executive.
- Five trains are expected to be operated from Sunday and Monday from Kerala for the “guest workers”.
- Every state unit of the Congress party will bear the cost of travel of migrant workers, Congress President Sonia Gandhi said in a statement.
- Though grateful to be outdoors, people were still wary — masks were worn everywhere, even on southern U.S. beaches and by some joggers in Spain.
- The Republican-majority Senate will reopen Monday, while the Democrat-controlled House of Representatives stays shuttered.
- On Monday, the court will address petitions concerning Netanyahu’s power-sharing coalition deal with his main rival, former military chief Benny Gantz.
By admin / 16th October 2020
During her confirmation hearings on Capitol Hill earlier this week, US Supreme Court nominee Amy Coney Barrett sparked considerable outrage…Read More